The mobility budget is a legislation that allows companies to offer a more eco-friendly tailor-made mobility budget to either employees with a company car or employees who qualify for one.
The mobility budget is based on 3 pillars:
- Pillar 1: the employee can choose a more eco-friendly car (a vehicle that emits less CO2, an electric car, etc.).
- Pillar 2: with the remaining budget, the employee can pay for more sustainable modes of travel.
- soft mobility (e-step, hoverboard, bike, etc.)
- public transport
- organised shared transport
- share cars, carpooling
- mobility services that combine the modes mentioned
FYI: It is also possible to finance accommodation costs (rent and mortgage interest) if the employee lives within a 5 km radius of the usual place of work (or if he/she works from home for most of the employment time).
- Pillar 3: the budget that hasn't been used is paid to the employee once a year.
For more information, please visit the Mobility & Transport website of the government.